The Applied Bioinformatics Group of Rothamstead Research is looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist, to work closely with other scientists on data intensive research projects from crops, pathogens, insects or microbes. Rothamstead uses the Galaxy bioinformatics platform for delivery of data analysis resources and much of the work would be based around using or developing analytical and visualisation methods for use within Galaxy.
This work will encompass:
- Analysis of NGS datasets from genome or transcriptome sequencing projects
- Development of bioinformatics tools and workflows for Galaxy
- Training other scientists in NGS analysis and bioinformatics best practises
- Managing our communication with scientists through website, newsletter and other social media
The ideal candidate will have
- Degree in Bioinformatics
- Interest in data analysis, training, communication and tool development.
- Experience in the analysis of large biological datasets
- Excellent programming skills in Python, R or Java
For more info, visit http://rothamstead.ac.uk. Deadline is the 12th July, 2015, 5.30pm.